The SCX24 Deadbolt 4WD is the first 1/24th scale axial off-road vehicle and with a length of less than 20cm it is the perfect model for hiking, camping and other outdoor and indoor adventures - offering factory assembled lightness, a scaled look and safe handling on any trail.
Even new modellers who ride the SCX24 chassis are well equipped for hard climbs and rough trails. Like the larger SCX10 II chassis, this smaller version uses numerous steel components - from the C-channel frame rails to the front and rear axle and dog bones. Even when off-road, in the mountains, on rocks and in the desert, it has the power to push itself further and further forward and upwards.
For extremely reliable handling, the SCX24 chassis has a three-link front axle and a four-link rear axle. The combination of shock absorbers and durable plastic spring links provides creep behaviour that is impressive even in this small size. The worm gear arrangement provides high ground clearance and a low transmission ratio that reduces torque twisting.
The SCX24 Deadbolt is powered by a 180 size motor and LiPo battery supplied and shows competence and charisma on the tracks. Take a look at the Deadbolt body - with its slim base, bulging bonnet, realistic driver figure and moulded roll cage with realistic light bar. The realism continues down to the floor, where you'll find licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl wheels with Nitto Trail Grappler tyres.
The SCX24 Deadbolt is 100% complete and ready to go, making it even more attractive for beginners. Everything you need for the job is in the box: assembled and ready to go vehicle; 3-channel 2.4GHz axial radio system with servo and ESC/receiver unit; Dynamite® 88T electric motor with brushes and 350mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo battery; USB LiPo charger; and even four AA cells for the transmitter!
- Including 3-channel radio system, ESC and transmitter batteries
- Including motor and on
- board LiPo battery
- Realistic, narrow rock caterpillar body in olive green or red
- shaped roll cage with realistic light strip
- Realistic driver figure and many other scale details
- Officially licensed KMC XD229 Machete crawl wheels
- Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tyres (S30 compound, large block profile) Full
- time 4WD -Front and rear drive shafts with splines and sleeves allow maximum suspension travel while maintaining power to the wheels
- front and rear axles, front axle stubs and dog bones made of steel provide strength and durability
- Rugged steel C-channel frame rails with bracing keep everything rigid and aligned
- front and rear axles consist of a two-part, moulded plastic full-axle construction
- 3-link front suspension and 4-link rear suspension for optimum handling
- rollover shock absorbers with simulated reservoir and durable plastic spring links provide proven axial creep
- The front and rear axle differentials each contain a worm gear which drives the axles and provides greater ground clearance. The worm gear also provides a low gear ratio to reduce torque twisting.
- Two LEDs in the front bumper for night-time driving