The E-flite® Habu SS (Super Sport) 50mm EDF is perfect for beginner to experienced pilots looking for a trouble-free, versatile, high-performance EDF sport jet. The unique and optimized design of its lightweight, yet durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe improves handling and low-speed flight performance to make it one of the easiest jets to fly ever!
Unlike other models in the 50mm class, it also features a functional rudder for added control and increased aerobatic performance. Inside, a Spektrum™ Avian™ 30-amp smart-lite controller and a powerful brushless outrunner motor drive the 12-blade 50mm impeller on 3S batteries. Use a 1300 mAh battery to keep flight weight down, an 1800 mAh battery for a good compromise between excellent performance and flight time, or a 2200 mAh battery for maximum power output and long flight times. With Smart and non-Smart batteries, the ESC can also provide a variety of real-time propulsion system telemetry data, including motor speed, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™-equipped transmitters.
The wide-mounted tripod landing gear with steerable nose wheel provides excellent ground handling for easier takeoffs and landings on runways ranging from paved runways to dirt roads and even short grass. It's also easy to take off by hand and land without landing gear mounted. The Habu SS 50 mm EDF comes from the factory in a highly visible color scheme with factory-installed propulsion system, servos and receiver (BNF® Basic version only). You'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
If flying radio controlled (RC) aircraft is completely new to you, we recommend practicing flying with a model flight trainer like the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE) 70 mm EDF. It is equipped with the exclusive and innovative SAFE® technology that allows almost anyone to successfully learn to fly! The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes everything needed to fly in one box and is the perfect choice if you're a model flying beginner.
- A scaled-down version of the popular Habu STS and SS 70mm EDFs that is more affordable and practical, allowing more pilots to fly in more places
- The unique airframe offers incredible handling and low-speed flight performance, making it one of the easiest jets to fly ever
- The popular and affordable 1300-2200 mAh 3S batteries deliver outstanding performance and flight times
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® Technology
- 4-channel controls including a working rudder and 4 factory-installed servos for full aerobatic capability
In The Box:
- (1) E-flite® Habu SS 50mm EDF
- (1) Spektrum™AR631 6-channel receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Avian™ 30A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless outrunner motor (installed)
- (4) Servos (installed)
- (1) Instruction manual
Needed to Complete:
- (1) Full-range 4-5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible remote control
- (1) 3S 11.1V 1300-2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo charger